Tuesday, December 24, 2019

linux - Laptop already has 4 partitions - need an extra one

I am trying to dual-boot my laptop with linux, which requires you to add a partition where the OS will be installed, however, my laptop (which runs Windows 10) already has these 4 partitions (I have never added any):




  • 100mb - Healthy (EFI System Partition)


  • ACER (C:) - 465.20 GB NTFS - Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

  • 500mb - Healthy (Recovery Partition)

  • Data (D:) - 465.71 GB NTFS - Healthy (Primary Partition)



Is it possible for me to delete any of these partitions, or is there a work around so I can add another partition for the linux boot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...