Thursday, December 12, 2019

windows 7 - Internet connection issues after removing virus



I have been infected by a virus that changed my browser's proxy. This was apparently (part of) internet.exe. I have removed this, and any associated files I could find. But I'm still having connection issues. I fixed it in my browsers (resetting proxies), but any other programs that connect to the internet are having connection problems, including windows update.



Does anybody know how I can reset all proxies? Or are there any registry keys or other programs associated with Internet.exe?



I'm on W7 by the way.


Answer




If it was a virus the most simple way to fix this is by doing a simple "System Restore" this will take the computer back to a day you know the computer was working.



This can be done by:




  • Start

  • Search (Little box below "All Programes")

  • System Restore




Long Way if XP or less -




  • Start

  • All Programes

  • Accessories

  • System Tools

  • System Restore




Follow the on screen instructions, then pick a date you know the computer was working. This will clean the registery issues and fix most system issues. Remember to run a virus scan after. Simple AVG's Free Version would be ok just to give it a test.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...