Friday, March 22, 2019

windows vista - Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition fails with unknown property




Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Developer edition on a Vista Ultimate 64 Bit machine keeps returning the following error message:




SQL Server Setup failure



SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:
Unknown property.




I've tried the following:





  • Uninstalled the previous installation

  • Deleted all folders that were installed and had to do with SQL Server 2008

  • Cleared my registry using ccleaner

  • Tried 'fixit' utility from Microsoft uninstalling left overs



I'm totally out of ideas.


Answer




I just installed sql server 2012. That went flawless. Problem solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...