Sunday, March 31, 2019

Access RAID hard disk drive externally on Windows 7 or 8

We are using Iomega StorCenter ix2 for making our backup. Unfortunately last week it stopped responding and accessing. Earlier I was able to ping the device and only able open it through browser, but could not access the data by browser or by even file explorer. But yesterday ping and opening through browser also stopped. I have a huge data stored on that hard disk which i need to access.


I have attached the hard disk drive externally to my Windows 8 pc. In disk management, it shown up but only option available was delete volume, rest of the options were disabled. The size is 100% free. It’s a normal desktop PC which does not have any raid configured.


Please guide me how to access the data of RAID hard disk attaching externally to Windows 7 or 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...