Saturday, March 9, 2019

hard drive - Western Digital Blue High Pitch Noise Spinning Down

I picked up a Western Digital Blue 1TB WD10EZEX last week and noticed that when spinning down it makes a really high pitched noise for about 9 seconds whenever it spins down or goes idle that I can hear 10 feet away clearly and I just unplugged it because its too loud. Someone told me a while ago that all the blues make that noise but I got a hold of another WD10EZEX and its not making that noise at all. I checked it with Western Digital tools though and it passes their tests.


This is the spin up and spin down of the hard drive about a 5 inches away here.
https://soundcloud.com/user-285338497/wd-blue-spinup-spindown


I'm wondering If I should return it and get it replaced.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...