Sunday, March 31, 2019

ubuntu - What is the best way to keep subversion users and passwords in synch with Linux users?

I'm not sure what is best, keeping subversion users and passwords in synch with linux users and passwords or just having linux somehow provide subversion authentication service.


I'd prefer to just maintain only linux users since I find it easy to add and remove users on ubuntu. I'd like to issue the command "sudo adduser developer" and "developer" immediately have access to subversion repositories.


At the moment, I must first create a linux user then create subversion user with the following:


sudo htpasswd -m /var/lib/svn/mainrepo/conf/htpasswd developer


Is there a better way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...