Friday, March 22, 2019

How to boot my PC to Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu to an External HD?

I've installed Ubuntu 12.04 to an external Hard Drive, planning on having Dual Boot on my laptop - which runs Windows 10. I have successfully configured the Dual Boot to have Windows as default, ran boot repair and everything, but whenever I don't have my external HD plugged in, I get the GRUB “MINIMAL BASH LIKE LINE EDITING IS SUPPORTED” black screen. I would like to be able to use my computer even without the external HD. One more detail: I selected the external HD as the device for boot loader installation, which might have caused the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...