Friday, March 22, 2019

microsoft excel - How to convert .xlsm to .xls without losing macros?

I have an excel file (.xls) with macro, which was not created created by me. I pressed Alt+F11 and tried to expand the VBA project but I am prompted with "Enter Password" popup. Also the macro seems to work.


On the other hand I have another macro enabled excel (.xlsm) I am not able to save this file as .xls and retain the macros as well.


Can this be done?
Convert the file to .xls with macros enabled?


I have both MS Office 2010 as well as MS Office 2016 versions.


I want the file to be in .xls file format for my file handling library NPOI can read and write into the file from my ASP.net MVC application. I am not allowed to go for another library which can handle .xlsm files.


Warning I faced:
enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...