Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Windows boot manager was destroyed after installing Ubuntu 14.04

I tried installing Ubuntu 14.04 in Lenovo G50 which runs on Pentium processor. The system already had Windows 8 (manually installed). I separated 50 GB from a partition and turned off Fast boot and set secured boot off and turned boot options to legacy mode. I tried installing Ubuntu , but the separated partition was mentioned as unusable. Then i separated 50 GB from C: partition and tried again. It got installed finally.
Now when i boot , I dont see the grub . It directly goes into ubuntu. I also tried in boot menu , the windows boot manager is missing. I used commands in Ubuntu to see the possible OS in the system. It didn't list windows in any partition.



What should i do to bring Windows boot back and how to set the grub back? I am sure that Ubuntu didnt destroy Windows, but only the boot file. How to put back the boot alone ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...