Sunday, March 10, 2019

What cable do a need to connect a SATA SSD to a computer with eSATA and USB plugs?




I have a laptop (Dell Precision M 6700) with an eSATA plug and some free USB ports. What type of cable do I need to plug the SATA SSD to the eSATA and power it? Is there a cable with eSATA on a side and data + power SATA plugs on the other side? I have looked on some seller websites but I don't know how this cable is named.



I already have an external USB hard drive enclosure, I can put in it a SATA drive in order to connect it through USB but I think it will be slower with USB interface instead of eSATA.



Edit: I found the SATA 22 Pin to eSATA Data + USB Power Cable cable @ NewEgg and SATA 22 pin to eSATA USB @ Amazon.fr. Is it the right type of cable? Will it deliver enough power to the SSD?


Answer



I bought a SATA 22 pin to eSATA USB and it worked.



Here is the cable model:




SATA 22 pin to eSATA USB



Image source: Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...