Thursday, March 14, 2019

Asus X401a, unable to install clean copy of windows from USB Drive

I am attempting to install a clean copy of windows 7 on my Asus X401a notebook by using a USB drive to install. The notebook does not have a DVD drive, so I want to use usb.


I created a windows 7 usb drive using the .iso and usb installer creation tool from the 2 links below:


http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/


http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool


The installer is able to boot and after I press "install now", it says that there is a required CD/DVD drive device driver missing and asks me to insert it.


I put all the potentially necessary drivers for this computer on both the USB Drive and one of the hard drive partitions. The USB Drive is unable to be found when browsing for the driver. When clicking browse and going to the driver folder in the hard drive partition, it says that there are no drivers found.


According to this post,
Why does Windows 7 ask for additional drivers when installing from a USB 3.0 drive?
the problem is with the usb 3.0 driver and to simply use a different usb 2.0 port. I have tried all ports on my computer and they were all unsuccessful.


Anybody have any idea of how I can make this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...