Thursday, August 16, 2018

windows 10 - missing option to move file to recycle bin

recently, i bought a seagate backup plus slim 2TB external HDD so that i could move my in-game recorded video before editing. i used a third party partition software to format my new drive to NTFS from exFAT and run a disk check for error. no error was found.


then, i remove and reconnected my drive and i was unable to access my drive. i asked others and they said it was due to security issue which i was able to solve. then i tried to copy some videos to my drive. no problem in copying files but there was no changes to drive size. i did a disk check to solve the incorrect drive size bitmap problem.


but now, i have a problem in file deletion where i can only delete my file permanently but there was no option to move to recycle bin. i checked my recycle bin properties. the "don't move file to recycle bin" option was unchecked.


IMAGE - missing recycle bin option

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...