Thursday, August 23, 2018

windows 7 - What happens if I create a process that already exists in the task manager?


I am developing an application in C # with the assembly name of one of the windows processes like svchost.exe, taskmgr.exe, winlogon.exe, etc. And I would like to know if this could cause some conflict with windows. My application is basically to prank a friend and I would like the user to not close it from the task manager. For this reason I want to put the name as one of the windows processes.


Any idea if this can cause problems? Any other suggestion of how to hide my application in windows?


Answer



You can have as many processes with the same name as you have resources to run them, each process will have it's own unique PID (Process ID) however which I don't believe you have any control over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...