Friday, August 17, 2018

laptop - Dell Vostro battery not charging with new power cord

The power cord/charger to my dell dell vostro stoped working, it has a light that indicates when there is power and it went off. at first there was almost full charge left in the battery so I still was able to use the computer. When the battery lost its charge I plugged in an old dell charger cord and I got a msg saying that it was using a 35 watt cord and my computer required a 65 watt cord/charger, so my computer would work but the battery would not charge... all of this appeared true and correct. I was able to use my computer while plugged into the wall while I waited for the new cord, which took a few months. I purchased a new power cord, it appears to be identical, it works great but the battery is still not charging, so if the plug pulls out the computer goes down immediately. Does anyone know why a new cord would not charge an old battery? there was no issue at all with the old battery it was still holding a full charge or close to it. Is there a calibration or initialization step I could try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...