Monday, August 20, 2018

Getting "out of memory" errors when around 65% used in Windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed I get out-of-memory warnings (leading to out-of-memory app crashes if I don't address it) when my actual memory usage is only around 60% according to Task Manager. It wasn't an issue at first, but after the major update they did about a month ago, it seems to be happening more frequently.


I did occasionally run out of memory on Windows 7, but only when I was actually hitting 95+ percent usage, which was quite rare.


image
I've attached a screenshot of task manager immediately before a crash, and it's typical of what I normally see - around 60-65% usage being flagged as "out of memory" territory. Where's my other one-third gone?


Current setup is Windows 10, with 4x4GB sticks of Corsair memory for 16GB total. Any advice is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...