Sunday, August 26, 2018

SSD frezzes in Windows 10 with 100% active time 0 read 0 write 0 responses time

My new Kingston SSD is freezing a lot on Windows 10. 
I have used more than app to check the SSD and all give me that the SSD is 100% healthy and everything is OK, but I check the Task Manager when the lap freezes it shows that the disk is 100% active 0 read 0 write 0 responses time


What I have tried so far:



  • Disabling the Page file for C:.

  • Running System File Checker /SFC with administrative privileges.

  • Disabling several services: Windows Search and Superfetch and prefetch

  • Checked SMART status of SSD using Kingston SSD Toolbox.

  • Updated Windows using Windows Update.

  • reinstalling Windows

  • secure erase the SSD

  • contact Kingston for help

  • checking TRIM is enabled

  • check the AHCI driver

  • updating all drivers

  • scan for virus and malware


Any new ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...