Thursday, August 23, 2018

visual studio - rc.exe from windows sdk missing

While doing some cleaning and reinstalling on my machine, I obviously cleaned one too many, and now I'm missing a rc.exe that's supposed to go either in my Visual Studio directory (not sure which one) or in my Microsoft SDKs directory.



The problem is that I don't want to reinstall the whole OS again, and that rc.exe is part of some SDK freely downloadable from Microsoft (apparently 6.0a version). I can't find it nevertheless.




Anyone knows what rc.exe is part of, and what I need to download (and from where) to get it back ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...