Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Unable to disable auto brightness adjustment on ASUS laptop with Windows 10




I've tried everything posted in the accepted answer for this question and none of the proposed solutions work for me, the screen keeps going dark when I'm on a dark window which is very annoying because I use dark windows for most programs I work with.



Does anyone have any other working solutions for this problem?


Answer



There may be a registry solution for this if the power settings GUI didn't help:





  1. Press Win+r

  2. Type regedit and press Enter


  3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Brighten Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0

  4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Darken Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0




Reference: This solution on superuser


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...