Saturday, August 25, 2018

keyboard - Right shift key not working with " key

I am facing an unusual problem with my laptop's keyboard.


Please read carefully, as this might sound a little confusing.


My ' (single quote) key seems to be working just fine; my right Shift key is also (mostly) working.
But when I try to use use the right Shift key along with ' key to produce a " (double quote), it doesn't work.


To get a ", I have to press left Shift+'.


All the keys seem to be working just fine except the combination of these two. I don't understand why.




EDIT 1: When I press right Shift+' key, nothing appears on the screen. Again nothing happens when I press right Shift+' twice. Nothing appears on the screen later on.


I am using Windows 7.


This problem didn't occur earlier. One fine morning, my keyboard had stopped working. Just stopped working, I don't know why. So I shut it down. Two hours later, it started working again on its own. The problem has started since then.


EDIT 2: Okay, now another key combination is also not working, i.e. the same problem is occurring with the left Shift and the + key.


So my



  1. right Shift along with '

  2. left Shift along with +


are not working. Can't seem to understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...