Thursday, August 16, 2018

How to find out which particular update Windows is downloading?

My system tray is telling me "windows is downloading updates (9% complete)". How do I figure out what it is downloading right now? i.e. "KB123456, Flux Capacitor update 2.1c (1.5 MB)" and perhaps monitor progress for a bonus?



The percentage reported isn't changing, or is doing so very slowly. I'm at 90% of our monthly quota and if the download is a big one I'll pause it until next week. However if it's a small one and just stuck I'll leave it alone (and fix it later).

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...