Tuesday, August 28, 2018

hard drive - HDD turning off despite power settings

I recently bought an SSD and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Now I am using it and despite setting the power options to "Never" turn off hard disks one of my old HDDs is turning off when not used.


I have made sure I accessed the advanced settings of the power plan that I have chosen to be the active one.


This hasn't happened before.


Environmental changes:

- New SSD added.

- Windows installed on new SSD.

- The primary Windows installation used has been changed to the one on the SSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...