Monday, August 13, 2018

What is this port, 15x4, missing (13,4), possibly video


I am trying to connect to an old (circa 2007) Linux box that I use for image processing. I've never had to connect to the box physically, I always did everything over telnet. But now I want to access it directly.


I tried to hook up a monitor but it doesn't have vga or dvi. All it has is this weird port that I cannot identify.


It's not dvi (that would require a bar pin and 3 vertical pins).


This has 15 horizontal, 4 vertical, and missing pin 13, 4 (top left is 1,1).


I can't post images right now due to low rep. I'll upload images when I can. It's white, boxy, dvi-looking. This is it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GS1icd2d6vaEQMPMf89y4v6JnB_oMkov


Pins:


...............
...............
...............
............ ..

Shape:


________
\______/

Color: white


Attached via pci card, not mobo.


What is this port? If it is video, what are the specs/outputs or converter to get it into something useful?


Answer



That's a single-port dual-monitor vga/dvi connector called a DMS-59 (Dual Monitor Solution-59 pin). You need a "Y" adapter to split out to VGA or DVI


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-59


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...