Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Formatted NTFS hard drive not recognizable on Windows machine

I bought a Seagate external hard drive, formatted it to NTFS (Tuxera) with my iMac and backed up a few hundred GB from the iMac. But when I plug the hard drive on a Windows 7 machine, it says it could not read the drive and asked me to format it!


So now I can only use the hard drive on my Mac. Is there something wrong with how Mac formats an NTFS drive? Is there a way to fix it so I can also use it on Windows too? It is actually the reason why I formatted it to NTFS in the first place because I want to use it on both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...