Thursday, August 23, 2018

keyboard - Is there a way to re-map Insert to End on Windows?

Is there some way to use the registry hack in this post
Windows INSERT key anti-functionality accidentally triggers; how to stop it permanently?


to make the Insert key do the same as End? My Lenovo X240 keyboard has a compact keyboard with Fn keys mapped to things like changing brightness and volume by default, so I want to put FnLock on, but in that mode, the End key unwisely becomes Insert so I end up over-typing by mistake after trying to move to the End of the line.


But if I could change Insert to just still be interpreted as End, that would completely solve the problem.


TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...