Wednesday, June 28, 2017

windows - How to remap special keys on my keyboard






I have a mute button on my keyboard, which I use a lot. I also have three buttons I never use...Internet...Email...Search. Is there a hack that a novice user like me can do to get one of those three useless buttons to put my computer into "standby" mode?


Answer



Okay I found it!


Here(archived), is all what you can find about key remapping. Keytweak(archived) work fine for me, is a free keyboard remapper for Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win 7. It makes use of Microsoft's Scancode Map registry key to remap your keyboard.


alt text


This thing lets you remap one of your Internet / Email or Search keys to a sleep key !


It may not work for your keyboard model, make sure you have the latest driver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...