Wednesday, June 28, 2017

installation - How can I create a pen drive that I can boot from, and then install Win98 from?

I have a HP Compaq t5515 thin client computer with a flash disk and USB port. I want to put Win98 onto it, replacing whatever is on there now (I think it is some Linux-based thing). I can find stuff about putting Win98 onto a pen drive and running from that, but I can't find any info about installing Windows 98 from a pen drive onto a sep[arate system.


Is it just a matter of



  • making the pen drive bootable to DOS

  • copying the contents of a Win98 installation CD onto the pen drive

  • booting the HP machine from the pen drive

  • running SETUP.EXE from the pen drive?


Any pointers appreciated.
TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...