Monday, June 19, 2017

Kali Linux stuck on boot with a fast flashing cursor

When I Started my kali Linux, it got stuck with a fast flashing cursor. I disabled quiet boot mode and here's what I got,


(The cursor blinks pretty fast for a few seconds and then with normal speed)
enter image description here
On previous boot , I remember installing Vega!!!


It's Kali rolling 2017.1 dist-upgraded from 2016.1


Also I cant get into any terminal mode through Alt-F* for a few minutes(the screen switches back and forth between consoles). I can boot into recovery mode!


It's a Lenovo Z570 laptop dual booted with kali and windows 10. I installed bumblebee for my optimus card and so far worked fine!


Thanks in Advance!!


P.S: I Deleted and reinstalled Kali. so I'm not looking for answers anymore. but I'm leaving this question open in hopes of being helpful to someone if answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...