Tuesday, June 20, 2017

windows 7 - Proper way to print a shipping label - half letter sheet

I have a shipping label (half letter size) + payment slip / tracking confirmation (another half), printed from PayPal. There is no way to avoid printing of payment slip, using CanadaPost, as far as I know, so it will print the full letter page filled with text.



I thought maybe I can cut the other half with scissors, and just make sure I feed half letter sized paper, but not sure how it will impact printer and toner yield. Will it start printing where there is no paper (expecting full letter sheet) and then I end up having toner all over printer interior?



Question: Is there any way I can print only the first half of the page, i.e. actual shipping label and don't print the other half? I would prefer a clean / software solution, if such exists.



What I have tried so far




  • Print from my browser, with headers disabled and minimum margins. It prints both halfs, shipping label fits on the first, other half is wasted.


  • Print using system dialog, and set paper size to half sheet. Problem is that it automatically sets regular margins, and there is no way to change those from my printer dialog. End result - only half of the page prints, but it takes over a half because of the margins, so it would not fit on a label.

  • Print to PDF and then use Nitro PDF reader to send to a printer. When prompted, change paper size to half sheet. End result - it prints whole page shrinked to half sheet, and transposed.



EDIT: shipping label looks like this (personal information blacked out):



enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...