Saturday, June 10, 2017

How to start Skype from command line in windows 10 or start it at startup automatically?


I tried to run Skype.exe but it is not found. There is also no location properties on skype icon in start panel. I would like to trigger it after startup. In Skype settings i did not find this option.


skype icon without location information


skype process can not open file location, because it is grayed


I tried to run Skype from WindowsApp (I took ownership of the folder), but I am getting this error
3


I realized that this Skype version is from Microsoft Store.


Answer



There are two ways to do that. Either by editing the Environment Variables to add the location of Skype and then launch it by typing Skype.exe


or by adding a shortcut of Skype.exe on the Startup Folder.
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...