Friday, June 16, 2017

automation - How to automate server backups in Windows Home Server?


I've set up a server backup for my Windows Home Server in the WHS console, but don't see a way to automate the backup to have it run on a scheduled basis in a similar manner to client backups. How can I accomplish this?


I'd like to use the existing server backup system if possible, as opposed to putting together some custom backup setup.


Answer



Arathorn-


As Brent mentioned, there is not built-in way to automate the server backups, but following the steps in the following article, you can make it happen (in a nutshell it uses AutoHotKey to record a macro that simulates clicking on the Server backup button).


http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/index.php?title=Automating_the_Windows_Home_Server_Shared_Folder_Backup


-Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...