Wednesday, June 21, 2017

battery - plugged in, not charging

My acer aspire r7 won't charge and it states "plugged in, not charging." Looks like this is a fairly common problem people are having. I have tried many suggested solutions that I I found researching and nothing has worked yet.



There is the "12 step" solution which seems promising:




  1. Disconnect AC adapter

  2. Shutdown Windows 8

  3. Remove battery

  4. Connect AC Adapter

  5. Power on the laptop


  6. Open the Control Panel and select Device Manager

  7. Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select Uninstall, even if you have only one (I had two, as shown in figure 1 below)

  8. Shutdown

  9. Disconnect AC adapter

  10. Insert battery

  11. Connect AC adapter

  12. Power on the laptop



The problem for me with this solution is step 3 which requires you to remove battery and my laptop has an internal battery. I tried doing all the other steps and no luck. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much, Abbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...