Sunday, June 25, 2017

hdmi - Dual Monitor setup issues between laptop and external led monitor

I have two challenges.



  1. Monitor will not connect to laptop through HDMI

  2. Watching HD video content causes the laptop to sometimes turn off expecially when I'm streaming from tekzilla.com


Setup.


I got my new HP 2311x LED LCD monitor this week and I have it running as the main monitor extended by the 15 inch screen on my Dell Studio 1558. Right now I have to connect the external monitor through VGA.



  • For the HDMI connection issue. I suspect that either the appropriate drivers are not installed because I don't see any hdmi device in the device manager. I've checked and I don't see any hdmi specific drivers listed online.


  • For the shut down issue, I suspect the laptop might be overheating. Not sure why it would. It never did that while I watched movies on my laptop's default screen.



My Laptop Configuration:



  • 15" led lcd screen at 1366 x 768


  • intel i5 processor


  • integrated graphics card


  • 4 GB DDR3 RAM


  • 500 GB hard drive



I've tried everything from switching the source on my monitor to hdmi to start up combinations and nothing has worked.


What could be the issue and how do I solve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...