Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Change administrator password on windows 7 with autologon without knowing the old one

I have a Windows 7 machine that is set up with automatic logon. It is an internal machine not reachable by anything so security isn't an issue.


I don't remember what the password is, but in order to install some some software that will run as a service I need to input the current password.


The question is, how can I change the password on the administrator account without knowing the current password? Note that since it is set up with automatic logon, I have full access to the machine, but both Ctrl+Alt+Del change password and the control panel user manager change password requires the old password before changing.


Is this possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...