Friday, June 23, 2017

formatting - Format PC without losing Windows 7 license






I have a windows 7 intallation that I got from MSDN. The thing is that I want to format my PC and reinstall windows 7.


At first I thought I just have to write the current key somewhere, reinstall windows 7 normally and then activate it with my old key, but a friend did this and on the last step the activation wouldn't work because it said that the key was in use.


What can I do?


Answer



It may work just fine but if not, you simply need to call the Microsoft number the activation tool will give you and explain the format and reinstall. Takes a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...