Friday, November 22, 2019

usb - Windows 7 boot from downloaded .iso

Downloaded Windows 7 .iso off the net and want to install from USB key on old laptop (previously/still running XP) that has no CD/DVD drive. Here's what I've got so far:



  • Read the instructions in this post: http://kmwoley.com/blog/?p=345 , which were quite straight forward and clear.

  • Properly formatted USB key with another laptop (this one running vista), also with no DVD drive

  • wasn't sure how to make the USB bootable, since my .iso was downloaded and I have no DVD drive.


Any help would be much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...