Saturday, November 23, 2019

anti virus - Can not run even Microsoft security essentials- Windows 7

I have windows 7 64 bit running in my computer and i have been using Microsoft security essentials as my antivirus.It was running fine and yesterday when i was trying to do a system scan, It found that its not working.ie: when i start the service, the IDE comes and stay for 1 -2 seconds and then disappears. I went to System tray and found the icon for MSE. But when i move my cursor to the area where the icons are present, the MSE icon disappears !


I did system restore. I un-installed MSE and reinstalled it again. I ran windows update to make sure that i have the latest patches. But still no luck with that. I m infected badly it looks like. Cant run the antivirus even.


What to do now ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...