Friday, November 15, 2019

Microsoft Word Find/Edit Text


I have a lot of documents with the following lines sprinkled through out:


`# Text ^p

Example:


`1 FooBar

They either have a paragraph end of line OR a carriage return char.


I need to remove the '`' character and make the entire line bold.


I can make the lines bold with the following:


Find What:
(`*)^11
Replace with \1^p
Font Bold setting...

However, I would like to delete the `character in the \1 placeholder in the replace with text box in the Microsoft Word Replace dialog box


to get:


1 FooBar


Also using the ^p or ^11 characters a line ender sometimes back fire because sometimes each line is different..


Answer



It sounds to me like you're asking about removing the ` from your replacement.


The reason that the ` appears in your replacement currently is because it's being captured (it's in the parentheses).


(`*)^11

All you have to do to is to take it out of the parentheses.


`(*)^11

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...