Wednesday, November 27, 2019

macos - Huge disk space usage but I can't find what



My Mac's disk is almost full. I've tried to delete files and checked out my /var/log but can't find any 'big' files.


What can I do to clean up my Macbook's disk space or to find out what is so huge?


enter image description here


Answer



There are two GUI applications for Mac that help visually identify what's taking up disk space: Disk Inventory X and GrandPerspective. If you've ever used KDirStat or WinDirStat then you should be comfortable with it, but even if not it's fairly self-explanatory when you run it.


You can also search by file size in Finder.


search by file size in Finder


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...