Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Laptop battery does not charge

I bought a faulty LG R500 laptop and I repaired it.


However, the laptop battery does not charge. Therefore, I am unable to use the laptop when it is not plugged in.


In Linux Mint, a software shows me informations about the battery and it told me the capacity of the battery is 100%, but there is no power in it. I think the battery could be good since when I get an old battery, the capacity is likely to be less than 50%.


Here is a screenshot of the informations given by the software:


http://sdz-upload.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/upload/batterie.png


What is odd is that this software indicate the battery is in discharge.


Is this battery faulty?


Is there a way to repair it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...