Saturday, November 30, 2019

64 bit - Is there any disk check software for GNU/Linux that can work with NTFS partitions made by Windows 7?


I'm having problems with scandisk on windows 7. After I schedule it, I get the countdown and it either hangs on 1 second or does nothing. I believe that I should run it on my primary windows partition, so I'm asking for some alternatives.


It's a plus if it's available for 64bit Ubuntu 10.04, but live cds or programs which may need to be compiled form command line are also acceptable.


Answer



Yes. Use ntfsfix in the ntfs-3g suite. It is a package.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...