Sunday, November 17, 2019

Does Windows 7 Bitlocker support VHD drives

I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade my Windows 7 installation to either a better version of Windows 7, or to Windows 8. The decision rests on support for a specific feature.


I'm aware that Bitlocker is not available in Windows 7 Professional, but the Ultimate and Enterprise editions have it installed.


In Windows 8/Server 2012 it is possible to create a VHD file using the Disk Management tool and to mount the VHD as a drive and have the drive encrypted using Bitlocker.


Is this supported in Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise editions? Will Bitlocker encrypted VHD containers created in Win8 be mountable in Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise editions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...