Saturday, November 16, 2019

Setting the group policy without the console in Windows 7 Home Premium


I am trying to suppress the prompt that Windows Update provides after an update. All of the permanent solutions that I have found use the group policy management console to adjust the settings. I'm not asking about the procedure for that, as there are plenty of questions that address that issue.


The issue is, it seems as though the GPMC is only available for Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions. Is there any equivalent program/administrator tool/plugin for Home Premium that has the same functionality? I've just read about the cmdlets for PowerShell, but these, too, seem to require the GPMC.


Answer



You can search the Policy Tree at http://gps.cloudapp.net/ under Windows Components > Windows Update for something relevant.
I'm not sure which prompt you mean. I gather that most of these policies are controlled by Registry entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...