Saturday, November 23, 2019

laptop - Maximum RAM I can put into Asus X550JX


The laptop currently has 8GB of ram. I thought I would add 4GB more into it (which is supposed to be 1600MHz DDR3) but when I opened it I found one already inside it. Is there any way to increase the ram? What can be done about this? Can I put in 8GB for example? Will the device accept 8GB extra ram. I can not find any information about particular models of laptops.


This is what I am seeing.


enter image description here


Answer



For future reference: I used my friends 800Mhz 8GB ram and it did actually work. Task manager showed 12GB total ram. I tried to fill it up to 11GB, and I was successful. He has a spare one that I will be using soon. If any problem comes up, i'll tell here. Update about a week later: no problem as of yet


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...