Saturday, January 11, 2020

Truecrypt container with NTFS on a Truecrypt disk unmountable

I have following setup:
OS Ubuntu/Gnome,
1 TB external drive, created and encrypted (whole disk encryption) on Windows7.
On this encrypted partition I have a 80 GB Truecrypt Container.


My system froze when it was copying data to this mounted, encrypted container.
Now I am able to mount and access data on the encrypted drive, I see the encrypted container but I can't mount it, nor repair it in any way.
When trying to mount it with TC I get:
"$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Failed to mount '/dev/mapper/truecrypt9': Input/output error"
I cannot do any ntfsfix on since it is not a real device to get access to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...