Saturday, January 11, 2020

partitioning - Clone Hard Disk except got One Partition

I would like to replace a hard disk in my desktop with a smaller SSD. This hard disk has the following partition setup:



  • Linux ext4 partition (and related swap partitions)

  • Windows 7 NTFS partition

  • miscellaneous partition for file storage


I have tried manually copying partitions to the SSD and recreating the boot sector, but this has not worked well.


I would like to make a near identical copy of the hard disk onto the SSD minus the miscellaneous partition -- this way, all of the data will fit on the smaller SSD.


Is it possible for me to clone the hard disk, including the bootloader, to the new SSD EXCEPT for this "miscellaneous" partition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...