Thursday, January 9, 2020

How to disable Windows Defender via PowerShell on Windows 10 version 1903+?

So, I need to automatically disable Windows Defender for certain virtual machines via a PowerShell script. Previous to the May update, one could set the DisableAntiSpyware and DisableRoutinelyTakingAction in the registry and Defender was disabled.


Now with version 1903, this doesn't seem to work anymore. Even with disabling the Anti temper protection via registry and rebooting, I only get a permission denied when trying to set the two registry values.


Does anyone have ideas how I could solve this? I tried using the Invoke-CommandAs to do this as SYSTEM, however this didn't work either sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...