Friday, January 3, 2020

hard drive - Bad performance on Windows 7 with Bad sectors

Since a month ago everything was right with my laptop. And then Windows started crashing.
Now my windows is stuttering every 5 seconds and fails to perform smoothly any operation. There were no bad sectors. Two appeared and after I ran the chkdsk utility it says that I have 10 bad sectors on my hard drive! What's going on? I made a dual booth with Linux so that I can use my computer at least, and I have no problems with Linux. Can it be system related.

I got a lot of crashes and from what I see they are all
KERNEL_INPAGE_FAULT_DATA which means there is corruption in the pagefile.sys, but when I deleted it nothing changed. I use my Linux OS with no problem.



The most likely reason is that ntoskernel.exe is corrupted -----> the paging system in the kernel causes bad data to be written hence when I re-open a window the corrupted data to the RAM.



Should I wipe my disk to zero-fill the bad sectors? is there another approach? Will wiping the windows partition also delete the Linux partition? Well I don't have any important stuff on my Linux, and I can backup my data on the Windows side.



Does HDD Regenerator work? I'm tempted to test it, but I can't seem to rely on any user feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...