Thursday, January 2, 2020

How do I delete Windows.old in Windows?

I used to run Windows 7 32 bit, but installed the 64 bit version because of a RAM upgrade. During the installation I got this message:




The partition you selected might contain files from a previous Windows installation. If it does, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You will be able to access the information in Windows.old, but you will not be able to use your previous version of Windows.




The C:\ drive now has two (2) Windows folders:





  1. Windows (15.3 GB)

  2. Windows.old (15.7 GB)



screenshot showing windows.old folder



Don't see why I need the Windows.old taking over 15GB of space on my hard drive so I tried to delete it. It didn't work.



How can I safely delete this folder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...