Sunday, October 27, 2019

PHP header location-redirect doesn't work - why?




Here's my file. I want to make it redirect, but nothing happens. To check out what is going on, I added an echo before the header part.



It neither throws an error or redirect to index.php. What is wrong?
I have turned output buffering on/off, but nothing makes it redirect. What can I do?



error_reporting(E_ALL);
echo 'This is an error';


header("Location: login.php");
die();
?>


Thanks


Answer



I reminded myself that I had xDebug installed on the actual test environment and after googling it, I found this site: http://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=532



So I'll downloaded the last version of xDebug and changed the php.ini accordingly for the new file and everything works out like a charm. Headers are being sent - the redirecetion is done and errors are displayed.




Thanks everybody for your help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...