Thursday, October 31, 2019

passwords - Windows 7 unable to log in

I have a laptop that is running Windows 7 (had it for a couple of years).


Recently, I turned it on, and was presented with the Windows log in screen as usual. However, despite entering my password correctly (I have checked several times), I am unable to log in to Windows- a message is displayed telling me that my password is incorrect... even though I know that it's not.


I had a quick Google about this, and it seems that it's not an uncommon problem with Windows, however, all of the solutions I've found seem to indicate that I will need to reinstall Windows.


There are some files on the laptop that I do not want to lose, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to 'bypass' the Windows log in, and access the hard drive some other way?


I know that this should theoretically be possible, but have no idea how to do it- can anyone tell me?


Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...